Saturday 3 November 2012

What is a Weekend? Inspired by Downton



...this is a weekend, the sky is blue and the sun is shining, no plans but to relax, go for a walk through the autumn leaves in the fresh albeit a little cold air, catch up on sleep, read a book, watch a film or two and of course finish off with an hour of  Downton Abbey on Sunday night. Sadly though it's also the final episode tomorrow night...sob sob! I can't believe it's the end, have there really been 7 episodes already?!  Those cosy Sunday evenings with my blanket and Downton have been the highlight of my week and certainly distracted from those Sunday night blues. Humph (sad face). 

Anyway, thought I'd leave you these. I've been collating a board on Pinterest of my Downton finds and thought I'd share some of them here. The first one is my favourite, its absolutely beautiful but unfortunately I can't find the source for it. 














I also found this wonderful post  (and photos) by Danni of 'Oh Hello Friend' on her visit to Downton Abbey (aka Highclere Castle, Edinburgh).


Hope you enjoy them. So, what is a weekend to you? I'd love to know what your idea of a perfect weekend is. Oh, and let me know your thoughts on the final episode!

Images 1 / 2 (unknown) / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7-10

5 comments:

  1. Hi Anna! (it's me, Karen!) You've just made me realise what is wrong with me this weekend, it's the knowledge that I will lose my Downton fix after tomorrow! Tragic, going to break open the port and lean against the Inglenook in a "bereft pose". Blog is great, loving having a read, it's half term again so my annual blog interest has emerged! (so much I don't 'get' yet) Love the 'no-one wants to kiss a girl in black'! Your interviews are v inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time finding the original source on a lot of photos on Pintrest which is a bit annoying as I don't like to post anything without the source but the ones you put up! My perfect weekend... mmm, given the fact that I work quite a lot during the weekends, my perfect weekend is one where both Tom and I have no obligations. Sleep in a little, have a lazy breakfast in bed, go for a walk, go for dinner or have a fun cooking afternoon.... Sigh... too bad the weekend is already over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, those are definitely the best weekends! I feel bad posting without a source too but this was a one off and I loved it so much.

      Delete
  3. Hi Anna
    Your blog is looking fabulous - you've made a lot of changes!
    I know what you mean about no cliffhanger at the end.. and yet there are two that jump to mind within the episode.. You can bet that 'the soap and bathtub' will come up again and the evil Miss O'Brian will get her come uppance and there will be the moral dilemma of a potential dalliance between Edith and her newspaper editor. Looking forward to that!!
    See you tomorrow night :) Gabs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabs, think you are right, Miss O'Brian needs to get what's coming to her some time soon, such an evil piece or work!

      Lovely to meet you briefly on Tuesday.

      Delete

Well if you are here then you must have read my post, so a big THANK YOU for visiting and for taking the time to comment. Your words bring a little bit of sunshine to my day (if they are nice) and I look forward to reading them. Thanks for supporting me. Anna :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...