Thursday 20 September 2012

Mischief Makes: Ellie Poo Cards

As some of you know, my dream has always been to be a stationery designer. I've dabbled a little in the past always making my own Christmas cards and have done numerous wedding invitations over the last couple of years. Earlier in the year, my Sister sent me a Birthday card by Ruby Wren Designs made from elephant poo. I thought it was fabulous, such a great concept, kind to the environment and really brought a smile to my face. The design was so simple but totally unique. It really inspired me. I loved the quality and texture of the card so I decided to order some for myself ( from The Exotic Paper Company) and have a go at designing my first greeting card range. One of my friends is also in the process of setting up an eco-chic handmade business and said she'd love to sell my cards. I thought these would be ideal!

Here is one I made yesterday for my boyfriend's Mum and I've also just sent one to my friend's new baby (obviously can't show that one yet!). What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Anna, your card is really lovely. I didn't know recycling elephant poo was apossibility - how interesting. I would buy your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geraldine, that is good to know. I need to develop some more :-)

      Delete

Well if you are here then you must have read my post, so a big THANK YOU for visiting and for taking the time to comment. Your words bring a little bit of sunshine to my day (if they are nice) and I look forward to reading them. Thanks for supporting me. Anna :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...