Thursday 19 July 2012

Book Love: A Vintage Tea Party

I just came out of a meeting and popped in to Oliver Bonas to pick up a Birthday present when I just happened to stumble upon the most amazing book which got me drooling in more ways than one! It’s not new to the book shelves but it’s the first time I've seen it and it got purchased to go straight on mine….after I have read it cover to cover and given it a photoshoot so I can share some of it’s beauty with my readers. 

The book is ‘The Vintage Tea Party Book’ by Angel Adoree and she invites you to join her on a journey to create the perfect vintage tea party... 

It’s beautifully designed with handwritten typography (one of my favourite fonts Lady Rene) mixed with doodles and seductive photographs. The ingredients are just as creative, for example Raspberry Soup, 24 carot oysters, a Salad Cemetery, Saffron & Tea shots, Bunting Butties, Rose petal sandwiches and Lollipop Jam Rolls. 





...and it’s not just about the food, it is interspersed with ‘how to’s’; make hair pieces, pinnies and aprons, decorate chinaware, candle making, style your hair and it even includes the history of the Union Jack (if you are interested)!





I'm organising one of my best friend's baby shower this weekend and it's not surprising that it has a vintage tea party theme. Some of these yummy ideas will definitely be featuring. 

3 comments:

  1. My hubby bought me this beautiful book - what a great find! Wish my life was more like a Vintage Tea Party - how fabulous : D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this looks gorgeous! i will have to look out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great book - wish I could do those intricate hairstyles :)

    ReplyDelete

Well if you are here then you must have read my post, so a big THANK YOU for visiting and for taking the time to comment. Your words bring a little bit of sunshine to my day (if they are nice) and I look forward to reading them. Thanks for supporting me. Anna :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...